Exclusively available for the UAD platform and Apollo interfaces, Universal Audio has released a reverb plugin two years in the making. The AMS RMX16 plugin is modeled after the actual RMX16 hardware device – also the world’s first full-bandwidth digital reverberator from the 1980s. Mark Crabtree, the designer of the original RMX16, also developed UA’s newest reverb to deliver a true blast from the past reverb plugin.
Speaking of blast from the past, Softube is also releasing a classic renewal of the ’80s. The TLA-100A compressor was a hybrid tube/solid-state compressor, allowing for toasty sound with an intuitive interface.
Both plug-ins are available now, with the AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb going for $349, and the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor for $199. Here are more details from Universal Audio:
AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb Plug-In.
A Reverb Like No Other — Back After 30 Years.
The AMS RMX16 was the world’s first microprocessor-controlled, full-bandwidth, digital reverberator. Heard on hundreds — if not thousands — of seminal recordings from the 1980s onward, the RMX16 is still found in nearly every major recording studio the world over.
The unique and lush reverb programs of the RMX16 are instantly recognizable, from U2 and Peter Gabriel to Radiohead and Rihanna. Today, AMS Neve and Universal Audio proudly present the authentic AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb plug-in — exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces.
- The only authentic RMX16 digital reverb plug-in developed by original hardware designer Mark Crabtree of AMS Neve
- Harness the exact legendary reverb and delay algorithms of the original hardware
- Plug-in-only features including Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and easy “click-and-type” editing of control values
- Offers classic RMX16 Programs such as Ambience, Nonlinear, Room,
- Hall, Plate, Echo, Chorus, and Reverse
Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor Plug‑In
A studio mainstay since its introduction in the 1980s, the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor is revered for its hybrid tube/solid-state circuit, smooth punch and presence, and intuitive interface.
Developed by Softube, you can now track and mix with an exacting emulation of this modern classic with the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor plug-in for UAD-2 DSP hardware and Apollo interfaces.
- An industry-standard compressor for gently smoothing vocals, bass, and acoustic guitars
- Classic soft-knee compression can glue a drum bus or an entire mix
- Dial-in parallel compression with the plug-in-only Wet/Dry control and harmonic warmth with the Saturation control
- Low Cut Filter allows perfectly sculpted compression