Created for composers, arrangers, copyists, publishers, instrumentalists, teachers and students, Sibelius 7 combines a deep and sophisticated feature set with an all new task-oriented GUI, intended to enhance music writing through intuitive and flexible workflows and improved tools for increased collaboration. It offers a newly recorded professional-quality sampled sound library, native 64-bit performance, full MusicXML interchange support, and advanced typography and graphics features.
New features in Sibelius 7 include:
• New and exclusive professional-quality sound library – The new professional-quality sound library delivers musical realism to scores during playback. It includes the Avid Orchestra, a specially recorded full symphony orchestra, a collection of rock and pop sounds from the Avid virtual instrument team, a 27-stop church organ from virtual organ creator Hauptwerk, and a selection of sounds from Sample Logic Rumble and Fanfare featuring 14-time world champion Drum and Bugle Corps, The Blue Devils.
• Completely redesigned task-oriented user interface – Optimized for single-display systems, the new user interface employs a rich graphical toolbar and dockable panels that don’t obscure the working area, putting all of the software’s features at the user’s fingertips. The redesigned mixer also allows finer control of playback, delivering more balanced mixes.
• Full MusicXML interchange – Complete MusicXML import and now export makes sharing files with hundreds of music applications, including Finale, easier.
• 64-bit performance – According to Avid, Sibelius 7 is the world’s first native 64-bit notation software, and has been completely rewritten to take advantage of the performance of today’s fast 64-bit hardware and operating systems.
• Powerful text, graphic and sharing options – Publisher-quality typography and graphics import/export capability delivers finished scores with professional-quality text and graphics. Publish and export demanding layouts and text-heavy scores with advanced finishing options, including direct PDF and EPS export. Users can also sync with or import notation from Pro Tools®, or export scores as Scorch files, then share or publish them on the web or via Avid Scorch for iPad.
Availability and Pricing
Sibelius 7 is now available for $599 USD at the Avid Store. Current Sibelius customers may take advantage of upgrade options of $149 USD, with multi-seat upgrade pricing from $60 USD per seat. Customers looking to crossgrade from another notation product can purchase a crossgrade for $199 USD.
Avid also offers individual educator and student pricing for $295 USD. In addition, students receive four years of complimentary upgrades. This price and four years of complimentary upgrades also apply to Avid’s audio and video software, Pro Tools and Media Composer. Educational multi-user pricing is offered at $120 USD per seat.